Video Tutorial: Layer Masks Part 2

facebook Video Tutorial: Layer Masks Part 2 twitter Video Tutorial: Layer Masks Part 2 plusone Video Tutorial: Layer Masks Part 2

This is part 2 of my layer mask tutorial. This tutorial will help you use layer masks that are built into actions.

When you use actions, they often will have layer masks built it. Almost every layer of every action I create has one. You may not need to use them often. But there are times will it can give you power and control over your photo while editing with actions. When you run an action, the action does not know any information about your original. Quality actions will allow you to adjust opacity, and block (mask) the effect of certain changes on certain parts of the photo.

This tutorial will show you how to do this with one of my actions. This lesson can be applied to any action that uses masks.

Enjoy!

Jodi

Video Tutorial: Layer Masks Part 2

Jodi Friedman is the founder of MCP Actions. She designs popular Photoshop actions and teaches Photoshop to photographers across the globe.

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Google Plus

Previous Post:
Next Post:

8 Comments and 0 Replies

Missy says:

Thanks so much for those masking tutorials! I’ve been wondering about masking. I’ve had the same greenish problem with my vintage actions so using masking will be great to work that out! Thanks again!

evie says:

Again, a wonderful explanation! Thanks for doing these!

gina says:

jodi, thank you again!! your tutorials are just FABULOUS!! i learn SO much… thank you…

shelia says:

Thanks Jodi!! Awesome as usual!

Heidi says:

I forwarded your blog to a friend who doesn’t know how to use layers, much less masking!! I’m hoping she’ll take the time to read and learn how much more flexible photoshop can be :)

Danielle says:

thank you SO much for your time! your tutorials are fantastic & so very easy to follow along with. i am learning so much. i appreciate it.

Rick says:

Great tutorial! I very much needed to learn how to properly layer masks. Thank you so much.

Atilla says:

Sup? thanks a million for this great tutorial. It helped me improving my skills pretty much. It is always great to get some impressive inspiration and I hope to find more of such posts here soon because nobody will ever stop learning new things. Keep on