FREE PHOTOSHOP ACTION: Flag in a Flash | Memorial Day Celebration

facebook FREE PHOTOSHOP ACTION: Flag in a Flash | Memorial Day Celebration twitter FREE PHOTOSHOP ACTION: Flag in a Flash | Memorial Day Celebration plusone FREE PHOTOSHOP ACTION: Flag in a Flash | Memorial Day Celebration

***FLAG IN A FLASH***

This is a very special free photoshop action called “Flag in a Flash.” It creates a 20×20 Patriotic Flag Storyboard in seconds. You can resize the storyboard to any smaller size square (such as 8×8, 10×10, 12×12, 16×16, etc). Perfect for framing, printing on canvas, or for use in scrapbooking.

Just download, unzip, and install the action into photoshop (tested in photoshop 7, CS, CS2 and CS3 – but not elements). Then click play. Once it runs, you will want to crop 4 photos to insert. The openings are:

6.5×4.75
(2) 4×4
6×4

When cropping add .25 to width and height. So crop the 6×4 photo to 6.25×4.25 for example. Then use Move Tool to move the photos into the Storyboard. Make sure that they are under the “Photos Go Below Here” layer. Then save (or re-size and save if you want a smaller version). Color of the background can be changed by clicking on the blue square in the layers palette and selecting a new color. You also may add a photo to take the place of the white stripes, though usually that ends up a little bit busy.

Enjoy the action. Click on one of the examples to download the action. I am going to try and remember to re-post this for Independence Day, Labor Day, and Veteran’s Day too. So you may see this one a few times coming up.

FREE PHOTOSHOP ACTION: Flag in a Flash | Memorial Day Celebration

Jodi Friedman is the founder of MCP Actions. She designs popular Photoshop actions and teaches Photoshop to photographers across the globe.

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Google Plus

Previous Post:
Next Post:

15 Comments and 0 Replies

evie says:

Jodi, this is awesome. No doubt many folks will find this incredibly useful!!

Dana says:

Wonderful! I’m sure that I’ll find lots of uses for this! Thank you!

Cyndi says:

Thank you so much Jodi, it is so nice of you to share such a wonderful patriotic template!!

Faith says:

Very cool and I love that it’s an action!

admin says:

You are welcome – I would love for some of you to please share plays with everyone by posting them to flickr.

Have fun with it.

Darlene says:

Thanks for remembering them – my son is leaving for Afghanistan in June. I will have to make this collage just for him.

Susan says:

Oh this is so cool! Thanks so much.

chrys says:

I just wanted to leave a comment. I found you through a comment left on pioneer woman. I agree, about what you said too many people saying they are professionals because they charge. I am a wannabe. I created a photography blogsite but I have yet to charge anyone. I can’t. So, therefore, it is just a beautiful hobby for me. I even put prices out, because other photographers said I was cutting their business. So, I priced accordingly. I can’t be cutting business when I am only photographing friends and family and not even open for business. Thought I would check your site out. I only have elements. But, I love that you offer a wealth of info and freebies. Chrys

Chevy says:

Gorgeous! My hubby will be home at the end of next month (hopefully) and this will be PERFECT to use for his homecoming photos. Thank you for sharing!

Laura Hull says:

Thank you so much!!! I love this, and plan on using it soon.

Missy says:

Cool! Thanks!

LOVE this storyboard.
    Although I am not sure what to do with them (printing-wise) I have to say that they are fabulous. As a wife of a deployed Soldier, this is just a fabulous find!
    I had to pick it up. Perhaps some day I’ll be able to figure out what to do with it. But for now it will make a nice desktop for the girls and I to see their Daddy each and every day!
    Thank you for this fabulous template!

Thanks so much for this!

Jackie says:

Thanks for the free download. That was very generous. Jackie

Thanks for the freebie! You are the best!