My Photoshop actions are not working correctly now? How can I fix them?

facebook My Photoshop actions are not working correctly now?  How can I fix them? twitter My Photoshop actions are not working correctly now?  How can I fix them? plusone My Photoshop actions are not working correctly now?  How can I fix them?

I get a lot of questions from customers about what to do when Photoshop starts acting like it is in control. I am going to be posting some frequent asked questions from MCP Actions customers and blog visitors.

If you have a quick question about Photoshop you want answered, please email me and I may use it in a future blog entry.  If you have lots of questions on lengthier topics, please contact me for details on my MCP one on one training.

Question: ”My actions are not working right.  They worked correctly before.  What did I do wrong and how can I fix them?”

Answer: It depends what problems you are having.  Here are two areas I often get asked about:

1 – The action pops up boxes for adjustments on every single step of the action.  Here is what you can do to fix this problem.

corrupt action2 My Photoshop actions are not working correctly now?  How can I fix them?
pin it4 My Photoshop actions are not working correctly now?  How can I fix them?

2 – The action is not working right at all. If this happens, it is time to delete the action as shown below.  And reinstall using your original action that you downloaded and saved.  To load an action, see my Video on Installing and Using Actions.

corrupt action My Photoshop actions are not working correctly now?  How can I fix them?

My Photoshop actions are not working correctly now?  How can I fix them?

Jodi Friedman is the founder of MCP Actions. She designs popular Photoshop actions and teaches Photoshop to photographers across the globe.

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Google Plus

Previous Post:
Next Post:

9 Comments and 3 Replies

Missy says:

That’s a great help! That hasn’t happened to me yet but it might and I never knew what the check marks meant!

Janeth says:

Thank you so much, now I know what those check marks are used for.:)

Jesse says:

Thanks for the tips. But I still have a problem. I just got CS4 and the default actions are having problems with the first problem you discussed above. I tried reinstalling CS4, but they still don’t work. So what I see are the little icons in the box next to the check mark box. And when I try applying them to a picture they do as you say, a message pops up for every step of the action, but most often saying that that particular step is not available at this time. Any help would be much appreciated.

• admin says:

If you are having a problem with the actions that come with CS4 – the default ones – you need to contact adobe directly and they can help you. If the actions you purchase from me where to run into a glitch – I support those directly.

Thank you – and good luck. Enjoy CS4.

Jodi

Terrie says:

I have tried to delete ALL my actions and reload them. They are still not working. The play button is NOT highlighted. What did I do wrong and how can I get them to work and avoid this in the future?

Thank you so much in advance for your help.
    Terrie

Heather says:

Thank you, exactly what I needed to know! Great posts, as always.

Amanda Pack says:

I sent a helpdesk but left out important info. The touch of light/dark is no longer working. The play function seems to work; however, when I am on my photo, with the brush, as I had been doing all day, it is no longer lightening or darkening. I also started having this issue with the Eye Dr./Dentist set. I was working for a couple hours just fine with these actions. I have deleted them and reloaded them and they still aren’t working properly. I appreciate any suggestions.

magda cingel says:

Hi, I would like to ask you.. I have a photoshop CS6 and I would like to load some actions in and I have downloaded some actions but when I go to photoshop, press actions, then menu bar , my button LOAD ACTIONS is not highlighted . ?? why?? can you help me with that?? thank you very much , regards Magda

Big Daddy says:

This worked!! I have a new Macbook and the imported actions were requiring me to continuously hit return, which was driving me bananas. Thanks for the great photo explaining that.