Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 2 (Getting rid of Shiny Skin)

facebook Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 2 (Getting rid of Shiny Skin) twitter Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 2 (Getting rid of Shiny Skin) plusone Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 2 (Getting rid of Shiny Skin)

In this video tutorial I will be teaching you a secret trick I use to get rid of shiny skin (or where you blow one of the color channels – R G or B).  I will show you how to see if you have done this and a special way to fix this.

Watch and learn this special secret tip.

Video Tutorial: Skin Tricks Part 2 (Getting rid of Shiny Skin)

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Google Plus

Previous Post:
Next Post:

12 Comments and 0 Replies

Kate in OH says:

GREAT secret tip.
    I do this a lot so it is great to now have a way to fix it.
    Off to practice so i don’t forget what i just learned.
    thanks, Jodi

Susan says:

I’m loving your Skin Trick tutorials! This is a weak spot for me – and the ones you have posted are just so quick and easy to do!! Thanks!!

jodi says:

though i have visited often, this is my first comment! (sorry for taking so long.) the tuts are great and thank you so much for sharing your “secrets”!

Meggan says:

Great tutorial – I’ll definitely use it!

Kristin Cook says:

thanks again! I’ve never thought of doing it that way.

cyndi says:

This is a really awesome trick! I do this all the time too :) Will for sure have to share this with people. Thanks so much Jodi, you are awesome!!

Angie in OH says:

Thank you so much for the tutorials that you share. One of my friends (Kate) sent me to your website and I can’t believe how much I am learning here. Thank you!!

LaRell says:

Thanks, as always for your helpful tips and tricks!

~Jen~ says:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I should be working right now, but instead I decided to spend a little time catching up on all your tutorials that I haven’t had a chance to watch yet. The groom at the wedding I’m currently proofing was bald and sweaty so I have tons of shots of his big shiny head and this “magic trick” is just what I need!! Jodi you are awesome! Keep up the good work!

Jodi, you are my PS guru! I just watched the Skin Tricks part 2 (shiny skin), and I totally love it. Thanks for sharing your wealth of knowledge with us!!!!!

DMcD says:

Excellent. I suggest one final step when there is a lot more oily/shiny skin to deal with then in your example: play with the opacity level of the new layer to get the total amount you need. I was doing an African-American skin with major reflection from the flash. Super contrast difference. First I had too much on the new layer but then I just reduced that opacity to where it looked good and voila.