MCP Blueprint – Giving Dimension and Life to This Photo

facebook MCP Blueprint   Giving Dimension and Life to This Photo twitter MCP Blueprint   Giving Dimension and Life to This Photo plusone MCP Blueprint   Giving Dimension and Life to This Photo

This week’s MCP Blueprint photo is one where a little “action” made a lot of difference, but where it does not have an overly processed look, as it did the past few weeks.

This shot I took of this high school senior was properly exposed but lacked dimesion and vibrancy.  With a few clicks and a touch of quick “brushing” I took it from “correct to wow.”  I would love to hear your thoughts on if you like this, or would have prefered a more heavily processed look.

blueprint10 MCP Blueprint   Giving Dimension and Life to This Photo
pin it4 MCP Blueprint   Giving Dimension and Life to This Photo

MCP Blueprint   Giving Dimension and Life to This Photo

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Google Plus

Previous Post:
Next Post:

18 Comments and 0 Replies

Nelly Soares says:

This is great, I love it when you do these. I really need to sign up for your workshops!

Darlean says:

I love that you told us all the actions you used because I’m always trying to figure out ways to use some of the actions more. I love the detail of the brick & the red frame on the right it’s fantastic! I think “I” would have liked to see the man a bit softer but only because the black grill work over the door makes the black shirt & hair really pop out in a way that seems to dominate the overall photo. But I guess you would want the person to dominate the photo… hmmm now I’m looking at this photo in a different way all together, you definitely gave this photo lift & life thanks so much for sharing it with us. It really helps so much to see how the actions can be used more specifically!

Alisha Shaw says:

Love the color in this one! Not too much, just rich and vibrant!! Awesome Jodi!

I love it! I think it’s perfect. I don’t think I would have liked it any more processed than this.

Catherine says:

I think it’s perfect. The color pop really helps, but it’s not overdone. Thanks for the tutorial!

alex whitman says:

looks awesome! love it!

jen says:

I think it looks great overall!!! I would take him down just a tad bit for my personal taste ;)–his face looks a little too bright.

Tasha says:

I just love it. It is so sharp and vibrant! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Tina Harden says:

This one is perfect for my taste. Thanks for sharing the blue print. As a primarily JPEG shooter I always shoot to nail the exposure while keeping contrast and Saturation low and adding back later and your actions have been life savers. Thanks Jodi!

I really like the saturation pop, but his face looks just a tad cool to me… Love your actions, hope to buy some more soon!

tammy says:

great…just great! young and fun!!

Jenny Carroll says:

Love, love, love it!!! Gotta get me some more of those actions.

John Clifford says:

Thanks for sharing your actions workflow. I will try this on some shots of my daughter

Laraine Davis says:

Jodi, this quite a difference and really makes the image go from nice to wow. I have the actions you mentioned, and it’s nice to see how they are used in different situations. Thanks for sharing your talent.

jodik says:

I would of loved to see what it looked like after the Soft Color action.

It is alittle to “full of life” for my taste, but I love seeing what your actions can do.

Will have to get some of those in the very near future.

Thanks for showing us these.. I learn so much by seeing how you come up with the different
    types of actions and what they can do.

Jodik

Michelle H says:

Love it. :) I think this is the perfect combo. :)

I love the way it turned out! :)