Today’s Blueprint is another sent in by an MCP Actions Fan, Nikki Romero of Everlasting Expressions.
She writes: This was an awesome Senior that blessed me with a Trash the Prom Dress Session… So much fun… The day was very overcast, skies were white, day was gray and rainy, water was YUCKY… But my vision came alive through processing…
I truly hope this Blueprint does not cause any confusion for anyone as I am sure there are easier/better ways of doing some of these things, than what I know to do.. This is how I got this image from the ”DRAB Before” to what I feel, turned out to be a “Freaking Awesome After”… Not trying to sound conceited, but with your actions and my little bit of photoshop knowledge, we did a dang good job…..:) The clients were astounded… Ordered a Huge Canvas and said my portrait belonged on a magazine!!!! What more can you ask for…
Here is her image – see below the image for detailed step by step blueprints of exactly how Nikki achieved this look:
1. MCP Action “Quickie Collection” Over Exposure Fixer-over exposure layer 100% opacity/glow layer 66%
2. MCP Action Touch of light/darkness layer-painted in water and sky to add depth to all water 100% opacity/lightness layer-painted onto skin 50% opacity.
3. MCP Action “Complete Workflow” Darker/Richer for hair and to add more depth to water 42% opacity, I did paint off Dress and Skin.
4. MCP Action “Quickie Collection” Crackle 75% opacity
5. Created Hue/Saturation Layer to remove some yellow from the skin.
6. Created new Layer set to overlay filled with gray 58% opacity for using dodge tool on areas that needed lightened (under chin and nose)…
7. Created solid color layer set to overlay, using turquoise color, 100% opacity, inverted, and carefully painted back in onto water and sky (which really brought back the details of the water in the sky)… Added a 40% gaussian blur to mask…
8. Duplicated the color overlay layer 100% opacity
9. Duplicated the color overlay layer 31% opacity.
10. Created color overlay group with the overlay layers, added layer mask, and painted the overspray from overlay out of the hair, and edges of skin and dress….
11. MCP Action “All in the Details” Soft Color 8% opacity
Previous Post: 12 Free Photoshop Books plus 3 MCP Favorite Books Revealed
Next Post: How to plan for a shooting exposition in the wild