Blueprint from Manila in the Philippines

This photo was submitted from Isabel who lives in Manila in the Philippines.

The original is shown 1st, the a color edit, and lastly a black and white.

Color Version edited in Photoshop:

• Used Peek-a-Boo action from the MCP Complete Workflow actions
  • Used Color Burst action from the MCP Complete Workflow (painted on the letters with the Paint on Pop layer) – the rest left at default opacities
  • Used Touch of Light – painted on with a 30% opacity brush on the face
  • Used the New Sunburn Vanisher from the MCP Bag of Tricks set – lowered the opacity to 30%

Black and White edited in Photoshop:

• Started with the color edit explained above
  • Used Vanilla Ice Cream from the MCP Quickie Collection
  • Used Touch of Light on the face again with a 30% opacity brush.
  • Used Touch of Darkness on the edges and on the letters in the front so they would stand out.

I would love to know your thoughts. Hope this directions in the Blueprint help you edit some of your images.

isabel from manilla Blueprint from Manila in the Philippines
pin it4 Blueprint from Manila in the Philippines

Blueprint from Manila in the Philippines

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Google Plus

Previous Post:
Next Post:

13 Comments and 0 Replies

Sharon says:

WOW! She did a wonderful job! I especially love the color version — the Green just grabs you and the skin tone looks lovely.

The only suggestion I would make — can you smooth out the wrinkle/fold in the backdrop. It was a little distracting and kept bring my eye to it.

Again – this is beautiful.

PS — we’re praying for the Phillipines and the recent devestation!

Jeannine says:

Wow, what a difference. The original picture says nothing, but the edited version looks great.

Cindi says:

I also find the wrinkles in the background distracting but the rest of the editing is nice. I think I prefer the color version for the pop of color in the letters. Because of all the white, this image is a little plain in black and white for me. It looks like your actions made a big difference.

MCP Actions says:

Funny how I did not notice the wrinkles till you said so. :) Now I see it and want them gone. Easy fix with cloning and the patch tool.

Kelly Wills says:

LOVE them both! Great shot and great job on the processing! I agree about the background. Gorgeous though!

I prefer the b&w version, it really makes a statement. Certainly need the wrinkles gone…the skin coloring in the edited version is beautiful though.

Janie Pearson says:

I really get a lot out of these blueprints. The last time you posted a blueprint, I pretty much followed the same edit workflow (using your actions) on a group of images that I needed to enhance…and they immediately started looking better! :)

Karin offinger says:

Hi Jodi,

Thies picture offers a very good possibility to show your new actions. Why haven´t you used the white Background tool you were telling two or three posts ago?

You could showto us how it works…
    NEVERTHELESS:

I can´t wait until MONDAY! I die!

Best wishes
    karin

MCP Actions says:

Karin – this picture would not work well with that action as it is white on white so the action would see that blanket the same as it would the background – and you would have a floating head.

Terry Lee says:

These blueprints are so helpful and fun to learn from. I prefer the b&w but that just personal taste.
    I do agree that the background is distracting from the beauty of that baby’s face…needs some
    softening…I might even play with some colorizing of the letters, but subtly and not to take away
    from the subject, but to lead the viewers eye towards it…your actions are little miracles…magic
    is such an appropriate word for the new set! Looking forward to seeing it. xo

Puna says:

I can’t wait until they come out!

[...] 1 votes vote Blueprint from Manila in the Philippines This photo was submitted from Isabel who lives in Manila in the Philippines. The original is [...]

Isabel says:

Thanks again Jodi for sampling your actions on this photo. Sharon, thanks for your concern on our country. Thanks for your prayers,we’re now slowly recovering after the typhoon.