Win $200+ Worth of Marketing Materials for a Photography Business

facebook Win $200+ Worth of Marketing Materials for a Photography Business twitter Win $200+ Worth of Marketing Materials for a Photography Business plusone Win $200+ Worth of Marketing Materials for a Photography Business

Are you looking for marketing materials for your photography business?

I am so excited for this contest.  Elena Wilken of EW Couture Collection has beautiful templates, cards, and marketing materials for photographers. And she has generously donated amazing prizes for the contest.

The Prizes: 3 winners total

Plus for everyone else:

How to enter:

• Write in the comments on this post (not on Facebook notes or wall) – your best marketing tip.  Share your “best” marketing tip you use in your photography business to help it grow. The tip can be something that would work for general photography or even a marketing tip for a specific type of photography. Share what helps bring in business, creates word of mouth, or gets your name out there. If you are not in business, you can share a marketing idea that worked on you as a consumer or one you wish to try in the future. I will take some of best marketing tips for photographers and combine them into a future post, since many do not read through comments. So by participating, you are agreeing that I may use your ideas in a future article.  If desired, you can add a picture to support your idea in the comments.

*** Other ways to get bonus contest entries ***

Here are a small sampling of the offerings you can choose from as the grand prize winner.

Marketing Materials for Photographers: Senior Cards and Senior Templates

Marketing Materials for Photographers: Business Card Templates, Letterhead Templates, CD/DVD, Postcards, Brochure Templates and more…

Elena W is a graphic designer by trade and education and a self taught photographer. She started creating templates first, as little thank you gifts for photographers who have offered her inspiration and help in her journey.
And that’s how EW Couture was born, still in its baby stage. Expect the release of a lot more fun, elegant and trendy products in the months and years to come. Products that bring additional value to your business.

Elena lives with her husband and 2 and a half year old in Portland, Oregon and works full time as a graphic designer.

She is also continuing to make available monthly, free templates and resources for photographers through her newsletter.

Win $200+ Worth of Marketing Materials for a Photography Business

Jodi Friedman is the founder of MCP Actions. She designs popular Photoshop actions and teaches Photoshop to photographers across the globe.

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Google Plus

Previous Post:
Next Post:

435 Comments and 1 Replies

1 3 4 5

Danielle says:

To make my business grow I give out specials and discounts and this way I have new clients coming in to try out my service. These clients end up becoming returning clients :)

I am a fan of MCP Actions on facebook.

I follow MCP actions on twitter.

Sarah S says:

I’ve donated a photography session to a handful of auctions at the elementary schools and preschools in our area. I include an accordion book with my samples along with a big stack of business cards so I can get the word out to new groups/contacts.

Sarah S says:

FB Fan!

Sarah S says:

twitter follower

Sarah S says:

I subscribe to your RSS feed

Andrea Lopez says:

I think word of mouth is definitely the best. I had people contacting me before I even started a business. I also think that a thank you goes a long way. People like to know that you appreciate them, and when they feel appreciated they are more likely to talk about your business.

Amy Henry says:

We moved to a new (small) town last year, where there are already several established photographers. I did preschool pics last year, and in addition, I offered to do sibling pics on site. I had advertised this in advance and had a decent turn-out of people who showed up with their other children to be photographed with their preschooler. I got a lot of great feedback and appreciative parents out of it. I’m actually returning in a few weeks to do the same.

Another tip: I recently did a charity event, and I wanted my display to stand out because a couple of big name photogs were represented there. I looked into digital frames, but I ended up using my iMac to show a slideshow presentation (I attended the event, so I could keep an eye on it!). I got RAVE reviews over that, which was especially fun, since I was there! Everyone commented on how cool it was (the other photogs had a single photo displayed). An added bonus was that people recognized some of the faces in my slideshow (I got permission first), so it basically served as referrals!

The best way to get my name out there right now… put my clients’ pics on my current biz cards or referral cards and then give them a stack. OF COURSE they want to show off to the whole world that THEIR baby is on a business card. My card gets spread around and shown off. :) So, I’m constantly updating my cards to get maximum exposure from my best clients!!

Kerry says:

I have loved reading all of the suggestions and comments! Right now my business is fairly new and all the clients I have I have gotten through words of mouth. One tip that I have gotten that I am just starting is a referral program. I am going to give out referral cards with my favorite image from the session that my clients can give out to their friends.

Kerry says:

I am a facebook fan

Kerry says:

I am following you on twitter.

Kerry says:

I am subscribed to your RSS feed.

Erum Rizvi says:

We forget the simple things in life, whether we all do this do that, word of mouth, fancy blogs, internet marketing strategies, SEO, {just reading the list below}

Simply [SMILE] – When you smile at someone, they tends to smile back at you – partially unconsciously… and endorphins get released in their body. Endorphins send a message to your brain that makes you feel good… confident… satisfied.

That should by far be the No.1 marketing tip, you cant go further if you haven’t mastered this one!

The human element – perhaps the most important factor in choosing a photographer is their interpersonal skills because it impacts on the whole session!

Charisse says:

I think for me and most people just starting out, the best tip is simply to “tell” people what you do! Get used to the idea that self promotion is not bragging, it’s business, just business. You can not have one (a business) without it.

charisse says:

I joined your fan page.

charisse says:

I am now following mcp on twitter.

Holly says:

Offering incentives is a valuable marketing tool. A discount on a booking or purchase, or something addditional for “free” always seems to encourage clients.

Rhonda says:

Freebies. I usually make a storyboard or luggage tag and tuck it in with their order. A little thank you gift goes along way.

My best marketing tip is to be yourself around your client and word of mouth will help you, AND USE FACEBOOK! That has made all the difference for me!

My best marketing has been from word-of-mouth and referrals.

rich conflitti says:

After the order is complete. Proofed, Printed, and Delivered. I follow up with a complimentary 8×10 of an artistic version of my client’s favorite photo. Using either actions or if knowledgeable in photoshop, produce an artistic interpretation. I usually print the photo on a unique paper such as linen, canvas or metallic(mpix) Included is a handwritten thank you note and 10 business cards to handout to friends and family. This is a hit.

Marketing TIp #1: Purchase a photo purse or bag using your own photo!. Although, probably more suitable for female photographers, when your out and about people will approach you raving about your unique bag. Then you can easily tell them about your photography business and hand them your business cards. It is a great way to get new cliental.

Marketing Tip #2: Give Your Business a Birthday Party! Thank your business associates and supporters while creating some buzz about your business by hosting a birthday party or other event at a local hot spot. This could be a winery, upscale restaurant or popular hotel. Don’t worry this doesn’t have to be too expensive, you can easily take a group for wine tasting at less then ($20 per person). You will generate interest in your business from other patrons at the location (hotels and other establishments will generally place signs “Jane Studios Event”), you guest will be happy you invited them creating a stronger business bond, the employees of the establishment will get to know the “fun” side of your photography business and lastly its a great way for you to enjoy your accomplishments.

Tommy Botello Photography says:

I hope I’m not to late! I’ve found making simple 4×6 photos with what you would consider your best shot along with some contact info make great affordable “business cards”. Then talk with local businesses, such as restaurants, to see if they mind you placing them at the entrances and at the counters.

Recently, I started giving ” mommy & Me” playdate cards with my clients fav image, her contact info and my website address. Something she really loves to hand out to everyone she knows. It is a great way to get your name out there.

This theme is simply matchless

Gretchen says:

I live in a very small rural community and just breaking into the market has been difficult. I have done a lot of shooting for free just to get my name and photo style out there. I also started a FB page and have my own website. I give out LOTS of business cards!! My business has increased – but I know I need to do more.

Wendy Claborn says:

I find that I have been the most successful with online networking, especially through facebook. I add a lot of local people who FB suggests to whom I have several mutual friends already. Then of course I suggest them to my photography fan page. I am always coming up with a lot of ideas to promote and advertise such as contests, everyone loves free stuff :)

Wendy Claborn says:

I am already a fan of MCP on FB….

Small and new businesses need to be especially cost prudent. Consider using http://www.design-business-cards-online.com for your business card and other standard print materials. Here you can design your own business cards, postcards, letterhead, envelopes, etc. with out having to spend money on costly design services.

Krista Stark says:

I just started my business in April, so far my best marketing tool as been to carry my camera EVERYWHERE! It is a great conversation starter :) Last night I attended a Primary election party, I started up a conversation with the local newspapers photog (I had camera envy:)He only does photojournalism and took my info to pass along when he gets calls for portrait work. I also booked a family photo session and made lots of contacts. When I came home, I looked all the ones up on FB, that had given me their info and then posted a “Christmas, Family photo Special” on my Fan Page.
    After last night I decided that I really need to invest in a “cute” camera bag that will aslo double a purse :)

Kelley Roen says:

I have started to find a needy family around Christmas time and give them a free family photoshoot. The word of mouth has done wonders for me eventhough its not why I do them. I also give little goodies to the children and the parents. Small canvas print or ornament or something small. My clients appreciate it and tell all of their friends and family.

1 3 4 5