April is here – and so is the rain. Rather than let the rain showers get you down, embrace the weather, and allow it to stir your creativity.
With rain comes puddles, dew drops, fun umbrellas and boots. Use these props or them rain itself to make for unique memorable photographs. A few weeks ago I posted on the MCP Facebook Page for submissions to the theme “April Showers.” Many fun photos were submitted.
For those who are new here, the way this works is:
- The theme is posted to Facebook. So join me here so you do not miss out.
- Photographers send in photos that fit the theme (usually over a day or two) – re-sized to 600px wide.
- My twin 8 year old girls are the judges – they pick 10 (or maybe up to 12-15) to share on the MCP Blog (remember since they are the judges – you are dealing with 8 year old thoughts on photography as well as the subject matter).
- I create a post, like this one and share the photos alongside links to the photographer’s website.
- Those that did not make it, do NOT feel bad. First off, there are no prizes. Secondly, I get hundreds of entries. Thirdly, I still want you to share. You can now share in two ways. Either upload your 600px wide jpg image to the comments (BRAND NEW feature here). It will show as a thumb and people can click through these! Or you can upload it to the MCP Flickr Group. Or both!
*** The next theme will be announced in mid-April. So check the FB Page then.”
Here are Ellie and Jenna’s top 10 picks – the ones that made them laugh, smile, and say “cool” or “fun.” Please remember to add your favorite rainy day inspired photos to the comment section – just upload your photo sized at 600px wide).Heidi Brand Photography Keary Dee Photography
Photo taken by Watermark StudioLumina Studios
Trees and Bees Photography Trees and Bees Photography Anderson Family Crew Maddie Dean Photography
Toad Stool Jamie Kristine Photography Previous Post: How To Use Twitter To Promote Your Photography Business
Next Post: Angie Monson + Photoshop Actions For Photographers = Color Blueprint