Bridal sessions can be fun and creative. A recent trend if to photograph brides in an urban setting. Using Renee Trichio’s image (Twice as Nice Photography) from when she attended a Private Photoshop Actions Training with me a few weeks ago, you will see that even using one action set, the possibilities are endless. My favorite photoshop actions for Urban Photography is All in the Details set. It pulls out detail and natural textures from objects in the environment. I wanted to show you how you can accomplish these looks with just one set of actions. If you also own the Bag of Tricks, you could use the Color Safe Bleach to whiten the color cast off her dress. It was not done in the photos below.
Here is the original, straight out of camera:
To start editing the photos below, I used all actions from the All in the Details set.
- Started with Flashlight – this brightened up the shadow areas of the image.
- Next used Hide and Seek – only painted on the seek layer (on her skin to brighten it a bit) using a 30% opacity brush.
Then I started creating specialty looks. Each time I show you an image, I went back to the base using steps 1 and 2:
- This edit was created with Details: Extreme Color
- This edit was done with the Details: Urban Photoshop Action and then the Smoky vignette
- This edit was done with the Details: Antique Photoshop Action and then the Dusty vignette
- This edit was done with the Details: Newsprint black and white photoshop action and then the Smoky vignette
Next Post: Winner of the Photographer’s Kickstart + Coupon Code