- I opened the image in Lightroom 2 and warmed it up
- Then I opened it in Photoshop CS5 and used the MCP action set Bag of Tricks.
- I started with the Magical Color Finder (vivid) brush action – opacity set to 42% and applied this to the entire image except for the hair and skin.
- Then I quickly ran the Magical Clarity action at the default to add definition in the midtones, Magical Contrast at 32% for middle contrast and 50% for low contrast, and Magical Midtone Lifter at the default to brighten the photo.
- To help warm up the skin tone, I used Skin Cast Blast and turned on the Bye Bye Blueberry layer, which is part of the Magic Skin Retouching actions. And to lightly smooth the skin, I used Powder your Nose – on chin, neck, and legs- 24%
- To finish the retouching I used the Eye Doctor – this Photoshop action sharpens and lightens eyes, and brings out the catchlights.
- To add a finishing touch to the image, I used the Free Photoshop action, touch of light, touch of darkness – just used the darkness layer with my brush at 30%, and went over the jacket, skirt, hat and shirt, and the background.
Next Post: Photographing Abstract Macro Ice Images and Creating Works of Art