Crave Photography * Before and After Using MCP Photoshop Actions
This photo was a little washed out and needed some color and depth! Here is the blueprint using Photoshop actions to get this look!
- Started with Magic Light and Magic Dark from the Bag of Tricks action set. I added light with a low opacity brush on the face and skin to better expose the subject while adding the dark on the background and colored areas to increase overall richness.
- Next, I used Magical Clarity from the Bag of Tricks action set to bring out the details and defog and add midtone contrast to the photo.
- Then I used Mixing Bowl from the All in the Details Photoshop action set. This added quite a bit of contrast and I also turned on the blue spice layer for a little color tone and drama.
- Then I did a bit of dodging and burning on the clothing and bricks to give more pop! This can be done with the dodge and burn tools, or even with the free Photoshop action, Touch of Light/Touch of Darkness.
- Lastly, I then set my photo to the soft light blending mode, which is located in the layers palette and reduced opacity until I was satisfied. This added all the final contrast I needed for this particular photo.
This blueprint was created by Andee Tate of Crave PhotographyPrevious Post: Preparing Digital Files in Photoshop for Print – Part 2: Strategies
Next Post: MCP Project 52 – Features from Week 3 + Theme for Week 4