When it comes to online presentation of photos, photographers often ask me “how can I protect my images for the web?” or “How can I make my photographs look great for the web.”
There are many different tools and Photoshop actions to help photographers quickly prepare photos with watermarks or logos, branding bars, and resizing and sharpening for the web. Remember any time you use these actions to first save a high resolution version of your image.
Here are some free photographer tools, actions and videos, to help prepare your photos for websites, blogs, Facebook and the Internet:
- MCP Actions High Definition Sharpening and Crystal Clear Web Resize actions. You can probably guess, the Crystal Clear Web Resize is the action you want to get internet ready photos. This action reduces the size and sharpens. Compatible with both Photoshop and Elements (PSE).
- MCP Facebook Fix Photoshop actions. If you use Facebook and are tired of grainy, under-saturated images, this is your solution. These include actions for optimizing single photos and double images that are side-by-side or top and bottom layouts – all are sized for the ideal 720px wide dimensions. There is an included web sharpening action and the Photoshop version converts your files to sRGB too. Compatible with Photoshop and Elements (PSE).
- MCP Watermark action. The Gallery Frame and Watermark Photoshop actions help polish your images and protect them from copycats too. The watermark action actually has a few parts – first it helps you make a watermark brush. Then you run it to stamp the watermark in whatever customized size, color, and location you desire to deter theft of your images. Use these 1st and then run Crystal Clear Web Resize for the perfect quick, free web solution. Compatible with full Photoshop only.
- MCP Try Me” Blog It Board action. Combine 4 images into this perfect template. It builds before your eyes and auto inserts your images. While fully functioning, the free version does not include all the branding options and bars you get in the full versions. Compatible with Photoshop and Elements (PSE).
- Photoshop Video Tutorial: How to Make Branding/Watermark Brush. Learn how to make a watermark brush in Photoshop.
- Photoshop Video Tutorial: How to Make a “Branding Bar.” Do you love color blocks and bars on the top, bottom or sides of your images? You can do these without even using actions. Just a few quick clicks in Photoshop.
If you invest, you can get a lot more variety to polish and protect your images using Photoshop actions:
- Finish It Photoshop Actions. This is the most complete way to have control over your pictures for the web. To protect your photos, it includes watermark and logo insertion actions. To polish and give a finished look, these actions resize and sharpen for web, have have options to rounded corners and edges, add color blocks or branding bars, include a variety of frames and borders to give your photos a finished look. Compatible with both Photoshop and Elements (PSE).
- Blog It Boards. For combining photos into a collage or storyboard, our original Blog It Boards are innovative and will shave lots of time on your preparation of images for the Internet. These come in the traditional rectangular shape and the rounded edge openings. These sets also include branding bars, logo insertion, and resizing and sharpening for web actions. If you want to see how these work, download the FREE “Try Me” Blog It Board. The Magic Blog It Boards work in Photoshop and Elements. The Rounded variety only works in full Photoshop at this time.
Next Post: Beyond The Lens: Behind the Scenes of a Professional Photographer