This is our third installment of Facebook Friday – a post design to bring you the best of conversations from the MCP Facebook Page, Wall or Newsfeed. Since topics move fast in the social networking world, we are indexing them every month or two so you can read what photographers have to say on a variety of topics from pricing, to photography, gear to editing software. Feel free to add your own thoughts to the threads or here in the comments as well.
Facebook Friday was born as a way to catalog important, informative and “hot” posts! If you have a question you want me to post on Facebook, submit it to me through our comment page on our blog. I will select some to ask on the MCP Wall. Due to quantity I may not be able to get to all questions.
Here are some of recent hot topics and interesting threads:
(just click each topic of interest to read the discussions – add your own thoughts to the blog post or individual threads). If it takes you to a blank page with ONLY a Facebook LOGO, click the logo and it should take you to the thread. Thank you.
Photoshop and Editing Software:
- When it comes to Photoshop, do you consider yourself beginner, intermediate or advanced?
- Thank you to Laci Davis for including MCP Actions on KSL-TV today. Watch the TV Segment here!
- What are 3 things you want to learn more about in Photoshop?
- Question for Pro Photographers: Do you have a time frame or deadline on initial prints orders for customers? If yes, how long?
- Are you being copied in your photography business? If so, how do you deal with it?
- What are your favorite tips for shooting in the summer?
- Shooting gymnasts in a dark gymnasium – what would you do challenge?
- What would you do if your photo was lifted without permission and used to promote another photographer’s workshop at a library?
- In portrait photography, do you style your sessions, using props, certain clothing and accessories, create a setting, etc? If yes, share your best tips for a styled photo shoot.
- Which describes you most as it relates to being a photographer: likes change, likes things to stay the same, a little of both?
- Do you prefer the MCP Facebook Page be all business (photography/photoshop talk) or a mix of personal too?
Check out past Facebook Friday posts here. And remember if you enjoy these conversations to like MCP and follow our Facebook Page in your news feed to interact in real time!
A Photographer’s Guide to Understanding Histograms
Next Post: Week 25 Recap + Theme for Week 26 – MCP Project 52