Photoshop Actions to Create a Soft, Creamy Burberry Neutral Look

facebook Photoshop Actions to Create a Soft, Creamy Burberry Neutral Look twitter Photoshop Actions to Create a Soft, Creamy Burberry Neutral Look plusone Photoshop Actions to Create a Soft, Creamy Burberry Neutral Look

My personal style is usually very colorful and contrast filled.  Sometimes it is fun to step out of my comfort zone and try a different look and style.

For this shot, taken with my Canon 5D MKII and 85 1.2 Lens, I shot at an aperture of f/1.8, ISO 100, Speed of 1/640. Ellie was wearing my Burberry Scarf which has beautiful neutral tones. Rather than pop colors, I opted for a softer look that compliments this brand.

Using the Fusion Photoshop action set, I ran Color Fusion Mix and Match.  I set the One Click Color folder to 35% which decreased the saturation and contrast.  Then I turned on the Lemonade Stand folder and set to 36%, the Crave folder to 35% and the Vanilla Cream folder to 15%. This gave it an almost khaki iconic trench coat look – just the idea I had in mind when I shot the image.

To finish the photo, I ran the Eye Doctor and used Sharp as a Tack and the Catchlight layer, both at a low opacity.  Lastly I duplicated the Background, used the patch tool around the shadows and creases under her eyes, and then lowered the opacity to 60%.  This lightly reduce the shadows and creases under her eyes.

I’m curious what you think of the results since they are different than my usual edits. Please leave a comment if you have thoughts.

ellie blueprint Photoshop Actions to Create a Soft, Creamy Burberry Neutral Look
pin it4 Photoshop Actions to Create a Soft, Creamy Burberry Neutral Look

Photoshop Actions to Create a Soft, Creamy Burberry Neutral Look

Jodi Friedman is the founder of MCP Actions. She designs popular Photoshop actions and teaches Photoshop to photographers across the globe.

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Google Plus

Previous Post:
Next Post:

23 Comments and 1 Replies

LOVE this Jodie! Right up my alley! Warm and yet still realistic. Just stunning :)

marinda says:

I love it! It’s always fun to play around with processing and step out of the box with it. Your processing on this image fits it perfectly.

Kim Kauffman says:

I love the way this turned out, it’s perfect. This is the style I strive for in a lot of my photos. Your daughter is adorable, btw … what a great little model : )

olive says:

Love it !!! Not too over the top and yet pulls amazing color out of her eyes that were kind of lost in the sooc shot.

kari says:

I like it! It’s got a nice, soft feel to it.

JessS. says:

Beautiful! I think this works beautifully with the photo, and such a pretty girl- really shows her off without being distracting.
    I do notice that when I do warm edits like this, and then brighten the eyes, the teeth suddenly look a little yellow by comparison. Just something to consider.

Taylor says:

I think it’s stunning! I’ve been looking for a good desaturated recipe!

kelly tonks says:

Yes, it does something lovely to her eyes, suits the photograph so nicely, warm and pretty:-)

Adrianne says:

I’m usually a color gal, too, but this one just rocks. Looks like a magazine ad. I think it’s a look that would be very popular around here. Great job, Jodi, as always!

Tracy says:

Wonderful!! I am curious….do you color correct the skin and such before you run your actions? THanks!

danyele says:

love it…it’s creamy and fun. soft too!

Art Cid says:

It’s wonderful I will try this for sure

Christine says:

I love it too. It is fun to try something you wouldn’t ordinarily do sometimes, and this turned out fantastic!

pam says:

I love it! I love that you can get so many different looks from your actions!

I love this Jodi. So soft and pretty. Thanks for sharing your edits. I pretty much LOVE everything you do!

Karen D says:

I love it…love the complexion – and everything about it! Of course, I’m not surprised because I, too, love everything you do!

Amy Loo says:

Beautiful! Thanks.

Angie Cella says:

It is beautiful. It definatly has a “certain” feel to it, without looking over edited. Love your actions dear!

Kristan says:

I like everything except I think it made her face take on too much of a yellow undertone.
    I am new to your blog and I’m really enjoying it! Thank you for sharing!

Trudy says:

I like it, sometimes the overly bright contrasty photos are almost hard for me to focus on and I cannot even tell if they are sharp. This is a nice change of pace, but I would have touched up the teeth a tiny bit because the new fresh eyes really show the teeth are darker than the original.

Carlita says:

I’ll admit, I was sold when you said “Burberry” and I’m usually against brand-idol-worship. But I think you did a beautiful job!

Trek says:

Hi Jodi, did you optimize the the photo using raw prior to applying actions to the photos?

Ally White says:

The photo looks great! I really love that you give these litle “recipes” for us to see. It gets me to try something new and play with my fusion set in a new way! Tahnks you for this, and i hope you keep on showing these types of things.