Win a Tamron SP 17-50mm F/2.8 Di II VC Lens for a Nikon or Canon d-SLR Camera
Imagine winning a brand new lens for your d-SLR camera. If you shoot landscapes or portraits on a Nikon or Canon and want a fast zoom lens, you will NOT want to miss your opportunity to own the Tamron 17-5- f2.8 II. Entering our giveaway is easy. See details below to learn how!
Tamron SP 17-50mm F/2.8 Di II VC Lens (may be substituted for the 28-75 2.8 if you have a full frame camera)
As Tamron USA Inc, the sponsor of this contest, is responsible for sales and marketing in the USA only, no shipment to winner can be made outside of the USA. If you reside outside the United States, the Lens will ship to MCP Actions, and we will ship it to you, but you will be responsible for the shipping costs as well as any duties, taxes, or tariffs.
Winner will be picked via random drawing on the evening of Sunday, September 18th and announced on the MCP Blog.
Add your comments on this linked blog post (not on our Facebook Wall or Notes section – these will NOT count)
For your 1st entry, reply to the 3 questions below: (must reply on all 3 to qualify)
- How would this lens benefit your photography?
- What is your favorite focal length to shoot?
- Confirm that you “like” MCP Actions on Facebook – if you do not confirm this, your entry will NOT count (go here to “like us” if you have not prior)
Do you really want to win? Here are ways you can get additional entries:
- Spread the word about MCP Actions products, contest, or blog. Do this on social networking sites, your blog, or photo forums, as permitted. Just leave a comment and tell us where you shared about us. For ease, use the Share Links for Facebook, Twitter, Stumble Upon, and more.
- Add the MCP Actions Banner or a text link to MCP’s site on your blog (code can be found on the sidebar of our blog). Then come back and tell us you did.
- Subscribe to our blog RSS feed – see the orange icon at the top right of our blog. If you add it today, leave a comment letting us know.
Details from Tamron USA about this lens:
Setting high-performance DSLRs free with SP engineering, strengthened by F/2.8 maximum aperture advantages and Tamron VC.
The compositional options afforded by the SP 17-50mm F/2.8 Di-II VC’s wide-to-moderate-telephoto zoom characteristics are prized by experienced photographers, rendering a picture angle range approximating a 26-78mm lens on a full frame DSLR or a 35mm SLR. A fast and constant F/2.8 maximum aperture allows cluttered backgrounds to be softly obscured, additional freedom in low-light conditions and added viewfinder brightness. State-of-the art properties, including XR (Extra Refractive Index) and LD (Low Dispersion) glass in an optical formula employing 19 elements and 14 groups—assures sharpness, optimal contrast and breathtaking image fidelity. Its form factor and handling characteristics can be traced to the use of aspherical element design and internal focus. Tamron’s proprietary tri-axial VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization adds to image sharpness and further expands low-light shooting freedom by combating image blur resulting from camera shake. Tri-axial VC addresses the adverse effects of camera shake in three planes making it possible to shoot handheld at as many as four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible.
The Tamron SP designation is reserved for lenses developed with special emphasis on extraordinary photographic performance. Engineers are free to innovate in an uncommon atmosphere where optical performance comes before price, resulting in lenses that satisfy the demands of discerning photographers.
Here are a few images taken with this lens:
The results of the Vibration Compensation (Image Stabilization) are amazing in these Tamron lenses. Check this example out!
Previous Post: Comprehensive FREE Guide to Shooting Destination Weddings
Next Post: Beginners to Photoshop: Photo Editing is Easier Than You Think!