I love collecting brushes for Photoshop. I use them to create artistic effects with my photography.
Watch the video tutorial to learn how to use brushes to create your own, customized clipping masks in Photoshop/PSE collections. Using these clipping masks, you can produce images with varying shapes, outlines, and photo densities – the perfect way for scrapbookers and photographers to create borders and frames for their images. In addition, I will show you how to create artistic effects.
Use masks to transform the image above into this:
The key principles in the lessons in this video are:
1) When creating a mask, create the mask as a separate layer from your background and your target photograph.
2) To create a clipping mask, place the mask layer under your photograph, depress the ALT key on a PC (or option key on a Mac) and keep it depressed, and then click on the line separating the photograph and the mask.
3) Make sure your mask encompasses all of your important photographic elements that you want to emphasize. Want to see more of your photograph?, Add to the mask.
4) Use the opacity slider on layers to vary your photographic effects and color bleed through.
5) The sky is the limit! Using your own brushes, the combinations that are possible are endless.
Have fun putting your Photoshop brushes to some new uses!!
Heather VR, the guest blogger for this article, is a photographer with Little Black Dog Studio.Previous Post: Week 39 Recap + Week 40 Launch – Project 52
Next Post: Fix Broken Facebook: Guide to Help Photography Businesses