How to Use Photoshop Actions To Add Golden Light

This image has been a popular one on our site for years and I often get asked how to accomplish the edit and how to add the golden light using Photoshop Actions.

Here’s a step-by-step Blueprint for Photoshop and PS Elements – to help you achieve this look using MCP Fusion Photoshop Actions.

Thank you to Angie Monson for allowing us to showcase this image.

Step 1: Color Fusion Mix & Match (for Workflow & Toning)

• After playing Color Fusion Mix and Match, I turned on the following layers and adjust the opacity as indicated: One Click Color 75%, Lemonade Stand 71%, Beach House 39%, Rustic 40%.

Step 2: For Contrast and Edges

• I ran Different Directions to add contrast: 100%.
  • I used Surrounded at 86% to darken edges & add vignette.

Step 3: For Light & Flare

• Custom Sunflare at 82%, masked lens flare off subject
 How to Use Photoshop Actions To Add Golden Light

More Posts - Website - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest - Google Plus

Previous Post:
Next Post:

6 Comments and 2 Replies

Ramona Gonzalez says:

How would I accomplish this style using LR? Any suggestions?

Shankar says:

I don’t have Fusion, but have 4 seasons. Would you mind recreating this look with 4 seasons ?

Mary says:

Jodi, I just love the warm glow that you’ve given this image. It’s subtle but dramatic too – just beautiful!

Morrissa says:

If I use photoshop through the creative cloud and I purchase the MCP actions will they still work?

M. Barber

Dave says:

I love the results, but wonder how I’d recreate them myself. There are 7 actions or layers at various opacities here. That’s an infinite number of possibilities.
    It’s overwhelming

Monica says:

I agree with Dave. I have your Fall preset collection, and they just don’t seem to look good on any of the images I take. I open up the layers and try to adjust certain ones, but I usually end up trash canning the preset and going back to my normal editing. I would love to use the presets, but just can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong!