Adobe has just released the latest version of Lightroom. Lightroom 5 has several new features that photographers will love. More about the new features below. Here are the links for the instant download: LIGHTROOM 5.
We tested all MCP Lightroom presets in Lightroom 5 and they work flawlessly:
- Enlighten Lightroom Presets: Our newest set – with develop presets and adjustment brush presets for the speed and control you need.
- Quick Clicks Presets: 300 presets for nearly every artistic style.
- Display It: Prepare your images for the web – from one image to many – these presets make showcasing your work on social media, websites and to customers a breeze.
- Present It: Ready to print? Why not drop your images into these super-fast collage and storyboard templates – make more money by selling bigger prints.
Everyone likes a free sample! Our free Lightroom presets work in LR5 too!
Easy presets upgrade from Lightroom 4 to 5
Since all our presets work in Lightroom 5, you won’t need to do a thing if you are using Lightroom 4. You presets will automatically appear in Lightroom 5 when you upgrade.
If you have Lightroom 3 or prior, and bought presets for that version, you will need to re-download your presets from our website. To do this, log on to your account at MCP Actions. Look for “My Downloadable Products on the left side of your account area. Re-download the Lightroom 2 and 3 presets. Please note that the download will still be named “for Lightroom 2 and 3,” however, the most recent version of the presets will be in the same file. The upgrade is in that folder even though the name doesn’t reflect it. Make sure to read the installation instructions. If you need assistance, check the FAQs here.
Best New Features in Lightroom 5
Lightroom 5 has several new additions that are going to make efficient editing much easier for photographers – we now have even fewer reasons to take photos into Photoshop.
1. The Spot Removal tool now works more like a brush. In the past, we have only been able to remove isolated spots using this brush. Now, we can click and drag to remove larger and irregularly shaped objects, much like the content aware spot healing in Photoshop.
2. The Radial Filter to apply local adjustments. It’s a cross between the local adjustment and the gradient tool. Adjustments are applied in a circular shape and are strongest at the center, fading out towards the edges to blend in with the rest of the photo. This tool is great for off-center vignettes, sun flare effects, and subtle dodging and burning.
4. Smart Previews allow you to work on photos even if you don’t have the photos with you. For instance, if you store your photos on an external hard drive that you don’t like to travel with, Lightroom’s catalog on your laptop stores editable previews of all the photos in its catalog. You can perform many edits on the road. However, you won’t be able to access the high resolution versions of those photos until you reconnect the external hard drive to your laptop. That reconnection is seamless – your edits are automatically synchronized with the high resolution files.
While the upgrade from 4 to 5 isn’t as major as the prior upgrade from 3 to 4, there are still features that photographers will appreciate. Now, it’s your turn. Do you plan on upgrading to Lightroom 5?MCP Photography and Editing Challenge: Highlights from this Week
Next Post: How to Change the Color of an Object in Photoshop