As a photographer that specializes in newborns, I photograph 75-100 newborns each year. While some newborns have flawless skin and the session goes perfectly with light, backdrops, a great sleepy baby etc., many of them can be a little trickier to both shoot and edit. With a busy schedule and a heavy workload, it’s very important to me to have a quick and easy photoshop workflow that get’s the job done! I’ve found exactly what I need to edit newborn images in the MCP Newborn Necessities Actions!
For this image, I started with a little cropping.
Next, I used the spot healing brush to touch up some of the minor blemishes on his face.
Then it was time for actions… (all from MCP Newborn Necessities)
1. I started with IN MY DREAMS to correct the color on both his hand and foot.
2. Then I applied a little BABY CREAM to his skin at 65% for a touch of smoothing.
3. I added a little color boost by using PICK ME UP
4. To warm the image and add a touch of haze I applied YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE at 11% and TWINKLE TWINKLE at 20%
5. Lastly, I finished the image with MCP’s NATURAL VIGNETTE – my all time favorite vignetting action!
To make my workflow even faster, I’ve created a one-stop action that includes all of my favorites from MCP. This allows me to play them all with one press of the button, adjust the opacity of each action (or layers within the actions), and even turn individual actions on and off per picture!
Amanda Andrews is a Newborn Photographer based in the Boise, Idaho area. When she’s not at the studio, she’s at home with her husband and 5 beautiful kids! You can see her work at www.AmandaAndrewsPhotography.com or on Facebook atAmanda Andrews PhotographyPrevious Post: Improve Your Photography In One Word – Reflectors
Next Post: Create Dramatic Lighting With Off Camera Flash