I’m so happy MCP Inspire came out before my Christmas Mini Sessions! They’ve helped me speed up my workflow tremendously! When running actions, especially ones that enhance color tones, I turn all the layers off, start at the bottom by turning them back on and adjusting to taste. I do this and work my way up to the top layer. It’s like building a banana split
MCP Inspire Actions used:
- Brilliant Color Base, opened and adjusted each layer to taste. I always raise Darken Edges, Brighten Middle and Richer Results, well the majority of the time I do.
- Epic, opened and deleted layers Epic Life, Epic Boost and Epic Haze. Then used the other layers to Paint On in the background areas.
- Maplewood, lowered overall opacity to 12% and painted off subject.
- Ball of Sunshine, placed the gradient above the boy, changed the color to pale yellow and painted off boy.
- Rich, lowered the overall opacity to 14%
- Custom DOF, set radius to 5.1, painted off subject and lowered to 25% opacity.
Hand Edits: Unsharp Mask at the very end and painted off the background.
Quick Tip Tuesday: Print Sharpen in Photoshop, Elements, or Lightroom
Amanda Johnson, the photographer of this image and guest writer of this blog post, is the owner of Amanda Johnson Photography out of Knoxville, TN. She’s a full time photographer and mentor that specializes in Baby’s First Year, children and family portraits. To see more of her work, check out her website and like her on Facebook Page.
Next Post: A Lot Has Changed In The Past 12 Years: Happy Birthday Ellie and Jenna