Availability: In stock.
What is the Newborn Photography Group Mentoring Class?
This online, live course is custom designed to take your newborn photography to the next level. This one-of-a-kind educational experience includes tips and secrets that will help you better prepare for a newborn session, setup your studio for success, learn soothing and posing techniques, prepare beanbag shots, and master transitioning from pose to pose. Also, you will learn safety, composition and angles along with newborn editing techniques.
No need to spend money flying to a newborn workshop. This group mentoring class will last approximately four hours, while you watch on your screen in the comfort of your office or home.
This class will help photographers achieve fantastic newborn images. Working knowledge of exposure, camera settings and basic Photoshop is highly recommended. The class is designed so that photographers of all levels will learn something new.
Will we see a photographer working with a newborn?
You will have a unique opportunity to watch clips from multiple newborn sessions, while learning all the techniques necessary to capture stunning newborn portraits. Click here for a sneak peek.
Video demonstrations will include how to:
- Set up beanbag and prop shots
- Master infant soothing techniques
- Read infant “cues”
- Achieve safe, breathtaking poses
- Compose the best images in camera
- Transition from pose to pose and from beanbag to prop
Each video demonstration will include live narration explaining step-by-step what was taking place.
Will I learn to edit newborn images?
Yes, you will learn to use MCP Newborn Necessities Photoshop actions to fix common issues such as:
- Slightly under-exposed images
- Jaundice or red, ruddy baby skin-tones
- Baby acne and rough flaky newborn skin
You will also learn basic post-processing of baby images and how to get certain sought-after newborn conversions, in color and black and white.
After the class:
Your workshop fee covers the online class plus your exclusive access to a private newborn meeting place. After attending, you will have the opportunity to interact with the class instructor and as your peers. Additionally, you will have access to select video clips, ongoing newborn photography tips, and a forum to ask your questions.
About the teacher:
Tracy Callahan of Memories by TLC Fine Art Children’s Portraiture will teach this online class. Tracy is an engaging and spirited presenter with an amazing passion for newborn fine art photography. She will guide you through newborn sessions from start to finish sharing tips and secrets along the way.
Tracy Callahan is an experienced newborn photographer from Cary, NC. Her articles have been featured on MCP’s blog multiple times. Tracy has extensive experience working with newborns, and owns a successful photography business that she has built from the ground up.
This is a class you don’t want to miss. Spaces are limited and the cost is $349 per person.
- Working knowledge of exposure, camera settings, and basic Photoshop
- Photoshop CS2, CS3, CS4, CS5, CS6, Photoshop CC Creative Cloud, OR Elements*
- Newborn Necessities Photoshop actions will be used during the editing portion of class. Tracy highly recommends these, though you do not need them to sign up for the workshop.
* The editing portion will be taught in full Photoshop. You are welcome to take this class if you use Elements, but Tracy may not be able to answer Elements specific questions.